Joe Brad Brock – Aggressive Auto Accident Attorney in Corpus Christi, Texas
Have you been injured in a serious injury car accident? Looking for legal help? Call attorney Joe Brad Brock today.
The aftermath of an auto accident in Corpus Christi, Texas is often a chaotic and overwhelming process to go through for anyone. Financial losses can come from your medical bills, medication costs, car repairs, and lost wages. You may be dealing with significant distress or trauma if the accident was violent and catastrophic. Some people who survive life-threatening injuries have to deal with anxiety and long-term disabilities for years after the accident. Certain disabilities might prevent you from earning a basic income, which can cause you additional financial problems.
As an at-fault insurance state, Texas offers monetary compensation for people affected by auto accidents that are caused by a careless, reckless, or negligent driver. Part of obtaining compensation for the damages you suffered in your car accident will involve identifying and proving negligence. Many insurance companies will work against you to save their company money by delaying or denying your accident claim.
When you find yourself lost in the personal injury claim process or fighting with the insurance company, do not hesitate to reach out to attorney Joe Brad Brock, a dedicated and accomplished personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi. He has helped countless people who have been injured in serious car accidents in South Texas, including residents of San Antonio, Brownsville, Portland, McAllen, Kingsville, and Corpus Christi since 1995. He can answer all of your questions and help you determine if you have the right to pursue a claim.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a South Texas crash that was caused by a negligent, careless, or reckless driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Attorney Joe Brad Brock is extremely well-versed in all Texas personal injury laws and has the skills, experience, time, and resources needed to handle even the most complicated and complex South Texas car accident injury claims.
The sooner you secure effective legal counsel, the better your chances are of winning your case.
The First Steps To Take After a South Texas Car Accident
One of the most important things to do after a car wreck in Corpus Christi is to move out of the path of traffic if at all possible. This could mean moving your car off the street if you are able or However, be cautious about moving if you experience extreme pain in your neck or back because this may indicate a spinal cord injury. This type of injury can worsen with movement.
If you or anyone else is injured in the accident, call 911 if you are able. Have the police and paramedics provide assistance upon arrival. They will be able to provide a police report and as well as documentation of any medical procedures that are connected to your injuries from the car accident.
Even if you do not feel like you sustained any injuries, it is important to get looked at by a medical professional. Some injuries remain hidden until hours or days later and can worsen without proper medical attention.If you do not have a record of your injuries, it will make proving your accident claim more difficult.
If your injuries are obvious and visible then take pictures of them as soon as possible. Also, be sure to take pictures of the accident scene and any damages to your car if you are able to do so. Pictures serve as concrete evidence of the damages you suffered.
Write down what you remember from the accident as soon as possible before memories start fading away. If possible, write down the names and contact information of witnesses. That way you will have the option of gathering witness statements later that support your story.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled to for My South Texas Injury Car Accident?
At this point, you are probably questioning whether going through all these extra steps is actually necessary. The answer is yes. The more information you have, the better your chances will be of winning your case. The best way to determine what your personal injury claim could be worth is by speaking with a skilled and experienced South Texas personal injury lawyer. A personal injury claim can potentially cover you for the following damages:
- Medical costs (paramedic fees, medications, emergency room costs, hospital bills, treatments)
- Lost wages (missed work while recovering from your injuries)
- Property damages (vehicle repair costs)
- Pain and suffering (emotional distress caused by the accident, therapy bills)
- Loss of future earning capacity (lost ability to work the same job or at all due to severe injuries)
Attorney Joe Brad Brock has been successfully representing his clients with their South Texas personal injury claims for more than two decades and is ready to help you protect your rights and fight for justice and the compensation you will need to recover from your injuries. Medical expenses alone can add up to tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. That’s even with decent health insurance, and when you factor in lost wages, therapy, and other damages, you are looking at substantial losses.
You may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact a qualified car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX today by calling Joe Brad Brock for help and legal guidance.
Auto Insurance Companies Tactics to Avoid Covering Your Claim
Car insurance companies are skilled at using various tactics to avoid paying you compensation, or at the very least, to avoid offering you as much compensation as you will need to recover from your injuries. Avoid talking to the other driver’s insurance company before you talk with an experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyer first. The goals of the other driver’s insurance company revolve around using your own statements against you to get away with paying you less.
Some insurance companies will work against you by making you feel comfortable enough to continue to share information with them, but this is often a trick to entice you to keep talking so that they can attempt to use your words against you. They may delay your claim until the statute of limitations runs out or you give up due to frustration. The statute of limitations in Texas only gives you two years after the car accident to file a successful personal injury claim.
They may also deny your claim for invalid reasons like a lack of evidence or a minor factor. Certain insurance companies will even go so far as to hire private investigators to follow your social media posts to check for posts that contradict your injuries.
While it is normal for the other driver’s insurance company to attempt to contact you, it’s in your best interest not to speak with them. If you have hired a South Texas car accident lawyer to protect your rights as a victim, then your attorney will handle all of the calls from the insurance companies, thereby, eliminating their ability to twist your words. If you do happen to speak with the insurance company before hiring an attorney, you must exercise extreme caution when talking to them.
Consulting with a knowledgeable and aggressive South Texas auto accident attorney like Joe Brad Brock can make all the difference in your personal injury claim. Call today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your injury accident and see if you have the right to pursue compensation.
Most Common Auto Accident Causes in Corpus Christi
While examining the most common causes of car wrecks in the State of Texas can help you identify what caused your car accident, a crucial element of proving negligence. Common causes of car accidents in Texas include:
- Traffic Violations: Running red lights or stop signs, speeding, wrong left turns, not following road signs
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving, talking on the phone, messing with a GPS
- Drugged Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, or heavy prescription medications
- Road Conditions: Hazards on the road, bad weather, slippery roads from ice or sleet, uneven roads under construction
- Tire Blowouts
- Vehicle Defects: Mechanical or electrical problems
- Tailgating: Following other vehicles too closely
- Aggressive Driving: Road rage driving maneuvers like speeding, tailgating, or passing quickly
- Drowsy Driving: Driving late at night or while sleep-deprived
- Unexpected animals on the road
A South Texas Car Accident Lawyer can help you recover any damages you suffered at the hands of another driver. You should not have to pay for medical expenses and other financial losses when the accident was caused by a negligent driver. Contact attorney Joe Brad Brock to discuss your injury car crash and ensure that your rights are protected from the start.
Car Accident Data in Texas
These statistics represent traffic accident data from Texas in the year 2018:
- 12,161 traffic accidents with serious injuries
- 701 traffic fatalities at intersections
- Around 1.29 traffic deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled
- About 249,241 total injuries caused by traffic accidents
- 621 pedestrian deaths
- 418 motorcyclist deaths
- 398 distracted driving traffic fatalities
- 940 DUI accident deaths
Corpus Christi Auto Accident Statistics
This Corpus Christie traffic data represents 2017 statistics:
- Total fatal traffic accidents in Corpus Christie = 34
- Drunk Driving fatal accidents = 7
- Total vehicles involved in fatal accidents = 57
- Total traffic accident deaths = 37
Different Types of Car Accident Injuries
There are a wide variety of auto accident injuries that occur in the state of Texas. Many of these are common with minor accidents, while others are more common with violent car accidents. Categorizing the injuries you suffered can help you with your personal injury claim. Evidence of the injuries you suffered can be attained through copies of your medical records and doctor’s notes about the cause of injury.
Some of the most common car wreck injuries in Texas include:
- Whiplash: One of the most common injuries from car accidents. This injury involves damage to the tissues and nerves of the neck that can lead to constant neck pain, headaches, and drowsiness.
- Concussion: Signs of a concussion are nausea with vomiting, dizziness, drifting in and out of consciousness, and a headache.
- Bone Fractures: Broken ribs, arms, legs, and skulls are common after violent auto accidents.
- Collapsed Lung: Common with rib fractures when a rib fragment tears the lung tissue.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): This can happen with or without skull fractures. Anytime the head is violently impacted, the brain can hit the skull hard enough to induce swelling and damage. TBIs can cause problems with movement, sensation, mood, personality, behavior, sleep, language abilities, and memory depending on the severity and location of the damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These commonly happen with bone fractures to the vertebrae that make up the spine. A loss of movement, sensation, bowel control and bladder control are symptoms of this injury. Incomplete spinal cord injuries open up the possibility of regaining function with treatment, but complete spinal cord injuries often cause lifelong disabilities.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains and strains involve torn or stretched ligaments, tendons, and muscles. These can heal with rest, ice, and heat. Severe cases may require surgery with longer recovery times.
- Lacerations and Abrasions: Major cuts to the skin that may require stitches with the risk of infection.
- Internal Bleeding and Internal Organ Injuries: These injuries can go unnoticed without a proper medical checkup.
- Traumatic Amputation: Lost legs or arms are common after major car wrecks.
- Herniated Disc: A damaged spinal disc between the vertebrae of the spine that can induce pain and discomfort.
All of these are examples of physical injuries, but car accidents can also cause significant psychological injuries like anxiety and emotional distress. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is not uncommon after major and violent car accidents. Most people are not used to the sudden and unexpected nature of a car accident. Common symptoms of PTSD include anxiety, hypervigilance, avoidance of driving, flashbacks to the accident, and feelings of detachment from others.
If you have suffered an injury in a serious accident and need skilled legal counsel on your side, call attorney Joe Brad Brock today for a free consultation.
Types of Negligence in Car Accidents
It can also be helpful to become familiar with different types of negligence related to auto accidents. Part of proving negligence to receive compensation is figuring out how the other driver was negligent. The different types of negligence involved in car accidents are:
- DUI: If an officer finds alcohol or drugs in the other driver’s body, then this could give you an advantage in your accident claim. An officer can also look for other signs of intoxication through the driver’s behaviors and field sobriety tests.
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving may be witnessed by you before the accident or through the timestamps on the text messages that were sent leading up to the accident.
- Traffic Law Violations: You and other witnesses can make statements about how the other driver was speeding or ran a red light.
- Driving Too Slow: A common cause of rear-end accidents.
- Total pedestrian fatalities from traffic accidents = 14
How Can an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Like Joe Brad Brock Help Me?
Attorney Joe Brad Brock is an experienced auto accident lawyer located in Corpus Christi but is licensed to represent clients throughout South Texas with their personal injury claims. Joe Brad Brock has more than two decades of experience successfully representing clients in car accident claims. He makes it his primary objective to ensure that all of his clients have a favorable outcome with their car accident claims.
Contact the Law Office of Joe Brad Brock today to schedule a free consultation with attorney Joe Brad Brock at (361) 884-1086. You may be eligible to receive compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.